Love and Tolerance. In late January, in Elevate, the youth discussed this issue. They shared some of their pet-peeves which makes me think about my actions. Thought I would share some with you…
- When people talk to me like I am 5
- Being lied to along with disrespected
- When people correct me
- When people don’t let me talk
- Being interrupted
- Slow drivers…..well that is a little scary one youth – slow down!
- Bad breath
- Tapping pencil, or clicking pen
- Smack their gum
- Being ignored
- People putting down others
- When people start to talk and then mid sentence say “Never mind”
- People talking about things they really know nothing about
- Biting down on silverware when eating
- People texting each other from across the room – get up and go talk to them
…….Just a few that were shared.
Focus on Colossians 4:5-6
5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Written By: Tami Vossler,
Cypress UMC Youth Department