Sunday, December 1, 2013
Sermon Series: Unexpected Guests
Scripture: Luke 1:5-25
- Who was Zechariah?
- Who was Elizabeth?
- Zechariah was chosen to enter the sanctuary of the Lord and offer incense. What did he see at the right of the altar?
- Elizabeth was barren, but now God was promising her and Zechariah a son. What was the name given to him by the Lord? Who will he become?
- Why did the Lord’s angel command that the child never drink alcohol?
- Zechariah did not believe that what the angel Gabriel said was true. What did Gabriel do to Zechariah?
- Elizabeth & Zechariah did conceive a child. What was Elizabeth’s response?
- Why do you think God caused Zechariah to be mute, of all things?
- What is your response to the Lord’s promises? Do you rejoice that the Lord has promised good for those who love him, or do you question that it will actually happen to you?
- We all have mountains in our lives that seem impossible to climb. For Elizabeth, it was conceiving a child. Still, Zechariah and Elizabeth prayed that God would bless them with a child. Do you pray for God to move mountains? Do you still praise Him, even if he doesn’t?
- Do you spend enough time being silent? If you were mute for the better part of a year, how do you think it would change your perspective on things? Try to spend 30 minutes each day being silent, and just see what happens.